COVID-19 Council Services and Community Updates
With recent developments, now more than ever, we are asking you to be kind, to look after each other and to stay at home. We have moved into National Alert Level 4 and a National State of Emergency has been declared. While the Kaikōura District Council offices are closed the Council is still working in full support of the Christchurch District Health Board and Kaikōura Healthcare.
We will keep you updated with recent changes to Council Services and Community Updates.
Council can be contacted by email at admin@kaikōura.govt.nz or via phone on 03 319 5026.
Change to Council services
- 25/03/20 Freedom Camping in the Kaikōura District
- 25/03/20 Water and Waste Water Update - operation of water and wastewater services continue largely as normal
- 25/03/20 Public Toilet Closure - all public toilets operated by Kaikōura District Council are currently closed
- 23/03/20 Kaikōura District Library is currently closed - staff are supporting Kaikōura District Council
- 23/03/20 Kaikōura Museum is currently closed
- 23/03/20 Environment Canterbury Kaikōura office is closed - staff are working from home
- All Council staff are currently working from home as of 25 March, 2020.
- 23/03/20 Parking enforcement is no longer being carried out because of the risk of infection from the payment machines
- 26/03/20 Kaikōura Essential Services - Information on Kaikōura services operating within the lockdown regulations
- 26/03/20 NCTIR, along with our contractors and suppliers, has temporarily stopped work on the Kaikōura earthquake recovery/safety and resilience work effective from 29:59 hours on Wednesday 25 March 2020, in line with the Government’s direction regarding COVID-19.
- 26/03/20 Innovative Waste Kaikōura - Kaikōura Resource Recovery Centre landfill site is closed, additional services for disposal of refuse (which will include materials that were previously accepted for recycling) will instead be provided free of charge. REVISED Skip Collection Points
Suburban School Recycling point - Mondays 9.00am - 12.00 noon
Lynton Downs Recycling point - Tuesdays 9.00am - 12.00 noon
Clarence Recycling point - Wednesdays 9.00am - 12.00 noon
Kekerengu Recycling Point – Fridays 9.00am – 11.00am
- 25/03/20 Kaikōura New World - additional measures currently in place to reduce exposure and limit the spread of COVID-19
- Kaikōura Healthcare Facebook
- Latest information for COVID – 19 (Ministry of Health)
- Protect yourself and others information sheet (Ministry of Health)
- Health advice for general public (Ministry of Health)
- Information for businesses (MBIE)
- Workplace preparedness (WorkSafe NZ)
- Information for exporters (NZ Trade and Enterprise)
- Innovative Waste Kaikōura updates (recycling and rubbish)
- COVID - 19 Update #1 CEO and Mayor Statement (23/03/20)
- COVID - 19 Update #2 CEO and Mayor Statement (23/03/20)
- COVID - 19 Update #3 Public Toilet Closure (25/03/20)
- COVID- 19 Update #4 Water and Waste Water Services (25/03/20)
- COVID - 19 Update #5 Freedom Camping in the Kaikōura District (25/03/20)