COVID – 19: Kaikōura Healthcare Emergency Operations Centre
The Ministry of Health has updated information on its website daily.
Keeping individuals, families and our communities safe and healthy requires a team effort. Everyone should use the health system responsibly and help stop the virus spreading by following the advice below.
COVID-19 UPDATE : Advice from Kaikōura Healthcare 25/03/20 - 8pm
Kaikoura Healthcare Emergency Operations Centre is now operational.
Kaikoura Healthcare is focusing on community health and wellbeing, the Ministry of Health is directing the situation. The Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) Emergency Coordination Centre is the source of all directions for health in Canterbury.
Scenario Training for accepting patients suspected of Covid-19 commences tomorrow. These scenarios will be held twice daily for the next two weeks.
Details are being collated of vulnerable people within the community, this will include written records of planned regular communication.
Directives from the CDHB will guide vulnerable staff welfare protocols.
Thank you and stay safe.
Dedicated Healthline for COVID-19
For health advice or information, phone 0800-358-5453. It's free, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you're using an international SIM, call +64-9-358-5453.
When you call that number, you'll be able to talk with a member of the National Telehealth Service. They have access to interpreters.
You should call that dedicated number:
- to register if you've self-isolated yourself
- for any coronavirus health advice and information about self-isolation.
- Kaikōura Healthcare Facebook
- Council and community news and updates
- Latest information for COVID – 19 (Ministry of Health)
- Protect yourself and others information sheet (Ministry of Health)
- Health advice for general public (Ministry of Health)
- Information for businesses (MBIE)
- Workplace preparedness (WorkSafe NZ)
- Information for exporters (NZ Trade and Enterprise)
- Innovative Waste Kaikōura updates (recycling and rubbish)
- 16 March 2020 - symptoms and protecting yourself/your whanau
- 17 March 2020 - visiting the Health Centre
- 20 March 2020 - flu clinics
- 23 March 2020 - new system for appointments
- 24 March 2020 10am - information on phoning in
- 25 March 2020 8pm - Kaikoura Healthcare Emergency Operations Centre