2019 Local Elections
Voting closes 12noon 12 October.
If you have any questions about the local election process contact Deputy Electoral Officer Julie Gapper either by email or call 027 619 7427.
Key dates for local authority elections 2019:
- 1 July 2019 - Electoral Commission enrollment campaign starts.
- 19 July 2019 - Nominations open for candidates. Nominations have to be sent to the electoral officer for the council, district health board or licensing trust. Rolls open for inspection at council offices and other sites locally.
- 16 August 2019 - Nominations close at 12 noon.
- 16 August 2019 - Rolls close. After this date, anyone who is entitled to vote and who is not enrolled as an elector, or whose details are incorrectly recorded on the roll, will have to cast a ‘special vote’.
- 21 August 2019 - Election date and candidates’ names publicised by electoral officers.
- 20-25 September 2019 - Voting documents delivered to households. Electors can post the documents back to electoral officers as soon as they have voted.
- 12 October 2019 Polling day — The voting documents must be at the council before voting closes at 12 noon. Preliminary results (i.e. once all ‘ordinary’ votes are counted) will be available as soon as possible afterwards.
- 17-23 October 2019 (or as soon as practicable) - Official results (including all valid ordinary and special votes) declared.
19 July 2019