Rebuild Update

clarence valley road

Council’s horizontal infrastructure rebuild covers our roads, bridges, and water and sewer networks. The target date for the completion of the rebuild is June 2020.

The Council-owned community facilities rebuild is separate and covers our buildings and structures (e.g. Memorial Hall, Scout hall, tennis courts, toilets and Skatepark) – read about them here.

Read more about the overall Rebuild programme (including individual projects) here.

 

December 2018 update

Progress has been made on Lyell Creek, Aeration Lagoon and Fords Reservoir all having been through the tender process. Work is on-going at Totara Lane Pump Station.

A meeting was held with Clarence Valley residents on 04 December to discuss the completion of the Strategic Business Case. Further information is required on another potential option. When a decision on access is made, Council will need to ratify the recommendation and follow through a Special Consultative Procedure that meets its statutory obligations.

 

Key projects:

Lyell Creek Sewer

Progress has been made in a number of areas for this project. A portion of the detailed design process (electrical) is now underway and will be priced before the contract will be awarded.

Council are required to ensure that all affected landowners agree to have work carried out on their property for this project. So far 95% of all landowners have responded and given approval. Council are working with the remaining 5%.

Next steps: Responses to the tender are being evaluated and it is expected that a contractor will be chosen in January 2019.

 

Clarence Valley access

The draft business case has now been completed and a meeting was held on 04 December with affected residents and stakeholders to communicate the outcomes of the business case. All assessed options were discussed and residents’ questions were addressed.

Two alternative options were also raised and discussed, but were not assessed in the business case, so no further information was available. 

The Council’s decision making process was outlined to the residents, making it clear that the Rebuild Steering Group has a delegated role to develop and recommend a preferred option to the Council, and then Council will need to ratify the recommendation and follow through a Special Consultative Procedure that meets its statutory obligations.

The residents gave clear feedback that will be used by Council when making their decision and Council remain in communication with affected residents.

Read more here.

Next steps: More work is required to complete the overall assessment of short-listed options and the Indicative Business Case. An alternative access option will be investigated further based on feedback from the 04 December meeting. Any preferred options will be independently peer reviewed and be included in consultation for the 2019/20 Annual Plan.

 

Five Bridges

Further investigation on an alternative methodology has been completed and the risks between presented tenders looked into. 

Next steps: Award a contract for design and build.

 

Aeration Lagoon, Wastewater Treatment Plant

Tender closed on 05 December and Council expects a contractor to be chosen in January.

Next steps: Tender awarded to contractor in January.

 

Wastewater Structures

Totara Lane Pump Station

Fulton Hogan was awarded the contract for Totara Lane Pump Station. Stantec will undertake the engineering and contract management roles. Trenchless pipe laying is now complete and other works are underway.

Next steps: Pump Station construction and commissioning is expected to be complete by March.

 

Water Structures

Peninsula Reservoir

Repairs were required to the Peninsula Reservoir pipework, which have now been completed by IWK.

Next steps: The final paperwork for the lining contract is yet to be finalised. This will be on hold until we have clarification of the overall rebuild project affordability. 

Fords Reservoir

Tender closed on 07 December and Council expects a contractor to be chosen in January.

Next steps: Tender awarded to contractor in January.

Mackles Bore

Work is needed to the connections between the artesian and shallow aquifer.

Work to the pipework and apron repaid is ready for construction. This will be carried out by IWK. 

Next steps: Options for how to fix the artesian and shallow aquifer connections are being investigated by a contractor and will be priced.  

 


Useful links


04 January 2019