Join the small Council working to help Kaikōura move forward as a great place to live.
Kaikōura District Council is considered the smallest Council on mainland NZ (the Chatham Islands Council is the only NZ Council smaller than us). While our population base of just 3,621 permanent residents makes us the ‘smallest', many of our achievements have left the ‘big' Council's following in our footsteps.
Between 2018 and 2021 we're tackling some big work programmes that take on some of our District’s biggest issues and meet our community needs and legal responsibilities.
Council is here to help create a district that can move forward as a great place to live, with a strong, well-connected community that is ecologically exemplary and economically prosperous.
We offer you a place to work in a spectacular district nestled between the mountains and the sea, without any of the hassles of a big city. Suited to people who enjoy the outdoors and marine activities, Kaikōura has fabulous scenery, boutique shopping, fishing, diving, cycling, walking and beaches.
Role: We are looking for a one-year part-time 24 hours per week customer services officer to join our busy administration team at Kaikōura District Council. This role would be suitable for an experienced customer services officer with experience in minute taking.
- Provide residents with effective and friendly reception service
- Respond to internal and external enquiries via email, phone and face-to-face
- Perform general customer service administration tasks
- Support back up typing services
- To be an active member of the civil defence emergency management team
- To provide support for all departments when required
We are looking for someone who is friendly, hardworking and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent communication skills
- A warm, approachable manner
- At least two years’ experience in a customer service position
- Extensive experience using MS office software
- Experience using database management systems
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 22 November 2018.
You can apply by emailing email@example.com or posting your CV and cover letter to PO Box 6, Kaikōura, 7340.
Needed: people with the skills, knowledge and experience to assist this organisation to meet its objectives as agreed with Council on an annual basis. IWK is a Council Controlled Organisation that is in the business of waste minimisation and maintaining and managing public amenities. The company’s main services are:
- Waste minimisation and management through provision of recycling services, resource recovery and landfill management.
- Environmental rehabilitation preservation and development through the Trees for Travellers program.
- Maintaining water and waste water infrastructure predominantly for local authorities.
- Maintaining public toilets and amenities in Kaikōura.
- Parks and Reserves.
- Consideration may be given to provide services for other private and public activities.
- Meet regularly to monitor and manage IWK’s governance and performance
- Ensure that appropriate reporting systems are in place and maintained to provide adequate and timely information to the Board
- Approve the annual business plan, budget and capital expenditure, in accordance with IWK policy
- Ensure that the Board has a formal schedule of matters and authorities referred to it for decision to ensure that the direction and management of IWK is in the hands of the Board
- Ensure that a clearly accepted division of responsibilities (governance versus operational) exists between the Board and the General Manager to provide a balance of power and authority so that no one individual has unfettered powers of decision
- Encourage fresh perspectives and views on the Board by involving new directors and ensuring that their views are given proper consideration and weight
- Present to Council balanced and understandable assessments/reports, as required, on the performance and position of IWK.
Applications close: When all positions are filled. (Applications should include a CV and cover letter.)