Information about who does what at Council and how to get in touch with the people who are working to help you.
Council is (currently) 46 people from all sorts of backgrounds, working together to help our little District grow into all the potential we see. We're a mixed bunch, locals and imports, newbies and lifers. Our longest serving staff member has been here for more than 25 years, our newest started in March 2018.
We may be little, but we've got a can-do attitude and we do our best to help residents and visitors. We look forward to working with you!
Click the blue text to find out more about who's on each team and how to contact them.
- CEO and Support - the CEO, Executive Officer and Communications and Engagement Officer. Together, they connect a lot of the nuts and bolts of what goes on at Council.
- Community Services - connecting and supporting our community through our social recovery team, youth coordination, event coordination, our library, Council front desk team and our Emergency Management Officer.
- Asset Management - maintenance and management of Council owned assets including roads, streetlights, footpaths, three waters, parks and recreation, airport and the harbour
- Building and Regulatory - animal control, liquor licencing, environmental health and all things building including consents and inspections.
- Finance and Commercial - managing Council's financial performance and business processes including Economic Recovery, contracts, rates and revenues, claims, accounts payable and receivable
- Strategy Policy and District Plan - it's all about having a plan, these guys cover resource consents, the District and Long Term Plans and look after all the rules and regulations covering development in our District.
- Rebuild Programme - the people coordinating the work to restore Council owned infrastructure and community facilities
Note: We're currently working on this section, if you cant find what you need please check back soon. In the meantime stay up to date with what's going on in our District - sign up to our email Newsletter or join us on Facebook or Twitter