Building Control Manager
Pay$124,000 - $140,000
Job TypeFull Time
Closing31 Oct 2023, 5:00 pm
Our small friendly team requires a qualified and experienced Building Control Manager to lead our Building Control Authority. KDC is a very small Council, and this is a ‘hands on’ role that undertakes both operational (inspecting and processing) and management duties including supervision and training of staff and is responsible for maintenance of Council’s accreditation as a BCA.
For an experienced BCO this could be the chance for the lifestyle change that you have been looking for; Kaikōura is a place of outstanding natural beauty where the mountains meet the sea and offers some wonderful living and recreational opportunities.
All applicants must hold a full driver’s licence and have the legal right to work in NZ.
Minimum skills, experience and qualifications for the role:
- Applicants must hold current R1, R2, R3, C1 and C2 consent inspection and processing Competencies
- At least 3 years experience as a Building Control Officer in New Zealand
- High level of familiarity with all of the administrative and legal responsibilities of a Building Control Authority
- A good understanding of Compliance Schedule production and Specified System identification on site
- Previous Local Government experience in the application of the requirements of the NZ Building Act 2004 and knowledge of the Building Act, Building Code, Acceptable Solutions and verification methods, AS/NZS Standards, and other relevant legislation
- Ability to implement and use the guidance information in quality assurance procedure and policies documentation that form part of Councils accreditation as a Building Consent Authority
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly and be highly organised to meet deadlines and timeframes
The salary band for this role is $124,000 to $140,000 dependent on experience
The role is for 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday.
A full job description is available on our website www.kaikoura.govt.nz.
Applications should be emailed to HR@kaikoura.govt.nz
Applications will be reviewed as received.