2023 Residents Satisfaction Survey
About the Survey
Earlier this year an independent research company conducted the annual community survey to find out how we are doing. The results show satisfaction has continued to increase over the last three years.
The survey measures Kaikōura satisfaction levels with Council service delivery, Council facilities and community wellbeing. We have highlighted some areas of interest below.
- Overall Satisfaction was 69% representing an increase for the fourth year in a row.
- Satisfaction with Council Services was 61%, similar to last year (62%)
- Satisfaction with Council Facilities remained high at 77% (74% last year)
- Many other services received high scores including communications (75%) and Customer Services (79%)
Some things we can improve on
- Amongst the lowest scoring areas were roads (49%) & footpaths (41%).
- No surprises - so in our LTP we budgeted an extra $5m for the roading backlog to be spent over the first 6 years. Also an extra $100k a year for 9 years for footpaths with improvements starting June 2023.
- Response to requests for services and complaints also scored low (49%). We've listened to what you have told us and we will work to improve this over the next year.