Our Community Outcomes
Under the Long Term Plan 2021 - 2031 Council adopted the vision of 'Moving Kaikōura forward'. All of our work over 2021 - 2031 contributes to one or more of these community outcomes.
- Community - We communicate, engage with and inform our community
- Development - We promote and support the development of our economy
- Services - Our services and infrastructure are cost effective, efficient and fit-for-purpose
- Environment - We value and protect our environment
- Future - We work with our community and our partners to create a better place for future generations
CEO and Support
The CEO, Executive Officer and Communications and Engagement team, HR, Health Safety and Wellbeing. Together, they connect a lot of the nuts and bolts of what goes on at Council.
Chief Executive - Will Doughty
What I can help you with: Big picture stuff, where Council is going, what we are and aren't working on, how we work with the Community and the Councillors to help grow and develop our District to be all it can be.
- Phone: 03 319 5026
Community Services and Community Development
Connecting and supporting our community through youth coordination, event coordination, our Library, community development, Pensioner Housing, Violence Free coordination, Council front desk team and our Emergency Management Officer.
Building and Regulatory
Helping our community run smoothly through animal control, liquor licencing, environmental health and all things building including consents, planning and inspections.
Building Control Manager - Recruiting Now!
- Phone: Contact Council Reception on 03 319 5026. Reception will direct your enquiry to one of the Building Consent team to help you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance and Commercial
The team managing Council's financial performance and business processes including Economic Recovery, contracts, rates and revenues, claims, accounts payable and receivable
Strategy Policy and Planning
Responsible for the issuing of resource consents, the District and Long Term Plans and look after all the rules and regulations governing what people can and can't build in our District.
Strategy, Policy and District Plan Manager - Matt Hoggard
- Phone: Contact Council Reception on 03 319 5026. Reception will direct your enquiry to me or one of my team to help you.
- Email: email@example.com