Annual Plan 2020/2021
The annual plan is expected to be out for public consultation in April 2020. Hearings and Deliberations will then be held in May and the final plan adopted in June.
The Annual Plan 2020/2021 will be based on year three of the Three Year Plan 2018-2021. Consultation will focus on changes to the already adopted plan.
A review of Council's financial and corporate sustainability began in 2018. In 2019 changes were recommended to the way Council works including sharing or contracting out services. More detailed work is now underway. Engagement about the future is being planned for late 2020. This work is independent of the Annual Plan process.
As Council focuses on delivering for the community and looking ahead to the long term plan, the theme of the plan is 'laying foundations for a bright future'.
Council priorities for the next year are;
- progressing the Provincial Growth Funded development of Wakatu Quay and the business case for the development of South Bay harbour,
- completing the horizontal infrastructure rebuild,
- continuing to review and improve waste management,
- continuing work to improve drinking water quality, safety and security,
- supporting the work towards a new community swimming pool,
- continuing to repair and improve community facilities,
- improving financial management,
- continuing the financial and corporate sustainability review,
- and developing the Long Term Plan 2021-2031.
The Long Term Plan 2021-2031 will be developed over late 2020 and early 2021 and will provide an opportunity to revisit financial and infrastructure strategies, performance measures and service delivery.
- The 3 Year Plan 2018-2021
- Provincial Growth Funding
- Rates, including rates rebates
- Financial and Corporate Sustainability Review
27 January 2020