Annual Plan 2020/2021
Led by Council the 2020/2021 Draft Annual Plan has been revisited in the light of COVID-19 in order to balance the financial effects on ratepayers with the planned earthquake recovery expenditure. Consultation has therefore been delayed and is now targeted for June. Updates will be publicised through social media, KDC website, Kaikōura Star and noticeboards around Kaikōura.
The Annual Plan 2020/2021 will be based on year three of the Three Year Plan 2018-2021. Consultation will focus on changes to the already adopted plan.
A review of Council's financial and corporate sustainability began in 2018. In 2019 changes were recommended to the way Council works including sharing or contracting out services. More detailed work is now underway. Engagement about the future is being planned for late 2020. This work is independent of the Annual Plan process.
In 2019/2021 Council focused on delivering for the community and looking ahead to the long term plan, the theme of the plan was 'laying foundations for a bright future'.
Council priorities for 2019/2021 were;
- progressing the Provincial Growth Funded development of Wakatu Quay and the business case for the development of South Bay harbour,
- completing the horizontal infrastructure rebuild,
- continuing to review and improve waste management,
- continuing work to improve drinking water quality, safety and security,
- supporting the work towards a new community swimming pool,
- continuing to repair and improve community facilities,
- improving financial management,
- continuing the financial and corporate sustainability review,
- and developing the Long Term Plan 2021-2031.
The Long Term Plan 2021-2031 will be developed over late 2020 and early 2021 and will provide an opportunity to revisit financial and infrastructure strategies, performance measures and service delivery.
- The 3 Year Plan 2018-2021
- Provincial Growth Funding
- Rates, including rates rebates
- Financial and Corporate Sustainability Review
11 May 2020