Annual Plan 2022-23
In 2021 we consulted the community on our 10-Year Long Term Plan (2021-2031). We received your feedback on the key proposals and developed the final plan. To deliver that 10 year programme the average rates increase for the 2022 financial year was 5.4%, with an average increase of 3.3% forecast over the 10 years.
What have we been doing
- We have been busy delivering year one of the Plan
- Year two commences on 1 July 2022
- We need to approve an Annual Plan for 2022-23 (Year 2)
Doing what we said we would do... 2021-22
- Roads - The Long Term Plan (LTP) set out $4.99million over 6 years to clear a backlog of work – mainly road reseals and renewals in rural areas. We have completed $1.56 million worth of reseals and renewals so far this financial year (to end of March).
- Footpaths - We increased the maintenance budget and look forward to next year’s extra $100,000 per year for the rest of the LTP to upgrade our footpaths.
- Urban Rubbish Collection - The fortnightly rubbish collection has been implemented –100% user paid through bag purchases.
- Tourism & Business Support - We have kept the grant to Destination Kaikōura at $225,000 to assist with the work needed to bring visitors to Kaikōura, as our businesses and jobs have been challenged by Covid-19.
- District Plan Review - We have done well with the actions for year 1 of the review of the outdated District Plan (costing $2.25 million over 9 years)
Do what we say we are going to do... 2022-23
- Extra $100,000 of footpath upgrades
- Develop the Link Pathway
- Review core sections of the District Plan
- Progressing the Waiau Toa/Clarence Valley access project
- Finish Waste Transfer Station
- Start development of Wakatu Quay
- $740k more on road reseals backlog
- Undertake a Rating Review