Annual Report Adopted
The 2019/2020 Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2020 has been adopted. The Annual Report is a key public accountability document that compares Council's actual performance for the year against the forecast in the 2019/2020 Annual Plan.
Some highlights include...
- We continue to borrow less than budgeted and have kept loan interest costs at less than 1% of revenue.
- We have improved our financial reporting capabilities.
- Council has progressed several departmental reviews seeking to find more efficient ways of working, as part of the Financial and Corporate Sustainability review.
- We have continued to rebuild and improve our infrastructure and facilities.
- Improved our services and performance including responding to over 1000 service requests, processed 83 resource consents, issued 183 building consents, undertook 1,115 building inspections and dealt with 123 complaints about dogs.
- Contributed to a new Aquatic Centre.
- Addressed Responsible Freedom Camping issues and developed a Bylaw regulating areas where freedom camping is permitted and also where camping is prohibited.
- Strengthened our partnership with Te Rūnanga o Kaikōura.
- Secured $10.88m in grant funding from the Provincial Growth Fund for the Kaikōura Marine Development Project.
- Through a variety of measures, including a reduction in staff headcount, the rates burden was significantly lowered from just under 10% to 4.0%.
21 January 2021