Changes to IWK Rubbish and Recycling Services
Rubbish and recycling services provided by Innovative Waste Kaikōura have changed as indicated in the Council's Long Term Plan.
RESIDENTIAL KERBSIDE RUBBISH COLLECTIONS
Starting Thursday 2 December - Kaikōura Township Kerbside Rubbish Collection
Starting Friday 3 December - Ocean Ridge and South Bay Kerbside Rubbish Collection
- Branded rubbish bags will be available to purchase for residential kerbside collections - $4 per bag from Innovative Waste Kaikōura, New World Supermarket, Caltex and Night 'n Day.
- Please ensure you have your branded bags out by 8am. Collections will take place fortnightly.
- Once you have purchased a branded rubbish bag you will be able to leave them at the kerbside (township, South Bay and Ocean Ridge) or take them into IWK directly for no extra charge.
- You can still use paper bags, unbranded black rubbish bags etc and bring them into IWK for a $4.50 charge.
CHANGES TO RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING - STARTING DECEMBER
- Kerbside recycling collections for Kaikōura township, Ocean Ridge and South Bay will change to fortnightly using your green recycling crates as per current requirements.
Thursday 9th December - Kaikōura Township. Friday 10th December - Ocean Ridge and South Bay.
- Kerbside recycling collections - Hapuku, Oaro, Goose Bay and Peketa have ceased and Rural recycling stations at Suburban and Peketa have been removed.
The decision to remove recycling stations and cease the collections (listed above) have come about due to the increased cost associated with providing all kerbside recycling collection and recycling stations for rural areas and continued abuse of the rural recycling stations. The previous cost to maintain these services (rural recycling rate) are not included in your rates (as of July 1st, 2021).
5 November 2021