The Mayoral fund gives those who need it most a little helping hand. You may be eligible more than once so if you’ve already received a grant but are still facing hardship, apply again.
The grant is given to those who need the funds to pay for essentials for daily life (bills, groceries, reading glasses or whiteware etc), those facing extra financial burden or costs due to the earthquake and those facing costs not covered by insurance or other funds (such as WINZ support).
How the fund works:
- Applications are open for anyone who was a resident of our District on 14 November 2016 who is now experiencing hardship as a result of the earthquake.
- Applications are assessed and paid out monthly.
- Grants are paid directly into successful applicant’s nominated bank accounts.
- Hardship grants are generally around $500 per household, but may vary according to needs.
More information: Mayoral Relief Fund Fact sheet
How to apply:
- Complete the Mayoral Relief Fund Application Form
- Return it to the Kaikoura District Council via email@example.com or post or drop it in to the Council Office, Level 2, 96 Esplanade, Kaikoura.
- Council will asses your claim and let you know the outcome.
Want to make a donation?
Donations can be made to bank account 02-0856-0011698-005.