Make a real difference to our financial operations as the Management Accountant. This is a permanent full time position.
Assisting in controlling and overseeing financial operations, ensuring compliance with financial accounting legislation, management of the general ledger operations, system maintenance, procurement, internal control, audit and associated Financial Reporting Standards.
In particular, the development of internal management accounting information and advice to elected members and staff.
Supporting provision of timely and accurate financial reporting, advice and information, along with assisting with development and implementation of Council’s strategic financial planning and policies plus planning and implementing relevant financial training programmes for KDC staff.
You must have:
- A degree in a relevant field combined with an accounting qualification – CAANZ preferred
- At least two years’ experience post qualification in a similar role
- Proven understanding of financial systems and operations and advanced spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation and taxation requirements
- Good working knowledge of financial systems including concepts, principles, planning and reporting.
It is desirable that you have knowledge of local government financial systems combined with experience in a local government context; understanding of accounting practice; IFRS/IPSAS standards and tax compliance relative to local government.
A full, clean driver's licence would be advantageous. You must be locally based or willing to be based full-time in Kaikōura.
If you think you are the right person and truly relish a challenge we’d love to hear from you.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to PO Box 6, Kaikōura, 7340.
Applications close 5pm Monday 5th August 2019.