Join the small Council working to help Kaikōura move forward as a great place to live.
Kaikōura District Council is considered the smallest Council on mainland New Zealand. While our population base of just 3,621 permanent residents makes us the ‘smallest', many of our achievements have left the ‘big' Council's following in our footsteps.
Between 2018 and 2021 we're tackling some big work programmes that take on some of our District’s biggest issues and meet our community needs and legal responsibilities.
Council is here to help create a district that can move forward as a great place to live, with a strong, well-connected community that is ecologically exemplary and economically prosperous.
We offer you a place to work in a spectacular district nestled between the mountains and the sea, without any of the hassles of a big city. Suited to people who enjoy the outdoors and marine activities, Kaikōura has fabulous scenery, boutique shopping, fishing, diving, cycling, walking and beaches.
Building and Regulatory Administration Officer
(9-month Maternity Leave Cover)
This is a 9-month fixed term position to provide maternity leave cover to the Building and Regulatory Administration Officer.
The position is 40 hours a week and involves assisting with tasks throughout the Building Control Department and Regulatory Team. Such as assisting with the building consent process from receiving applications through to the issue of Code Compliance Certificates. Supporting the Building Control & Buildings Manager with quality assurance tasks. The role also includes filing Building Consent applications, general office duties and general Building Control/Regulatory customer services.
We are looking for a professional, positive, enthusiastic team member, who is willing to learn and assist a range of people. If you possess fantastic communication skills, excellent attention to detail, good computer and numeracy skills and the ability to multitask and work under pressure, you may be the person we want to join our team.
Click here to view the full job description.
Applications should be emailed to HR@kaikoura.govt.nz or posted to PO Box 6, Kaikōura, 7340.
Applications close 30 April 2021.
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
KAIKOURA MARINE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME & KAIKOURA AQUATIC DEVELOPMENT (REPLACEMENT)
Applications are being sought for this high profile and exciting support role - making a difference for Kaikoura.
The programme is a public/private partnership initiative funded through the New Zealand Government's Provincial Growth Fund.
Reporting to the Project Lead of the Kaikoura Marine Development Programme you will be responsible for assisting the Project Lead in project management as well as general project coordination including scheduling, maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, risk & issue management, budgets and expenditures.
The Junior Project Manager will be the key liaison with the appointed Architectural partner and will be involved in all aspects of detail design for Wakatu Quay. The successful applicant will also be involved in some aspects of business case, community engagement, proposal writing and research.
In addition, the Kaikoura Aquatic Centre is a community run project in the final stages of its build and requires oversight and management in the final deliverables. This role will manage this final delivery liaising with key stakeholders and the build team.
This contract role across both projects will involve organising, attending and participating in governance and stakeholder meetings, documenting these meetings and following up on actions.
As part of a small team you will function within a very busy and active project environment, with tight deadlines and turnaround times and significant interface with the stakeholders of the project.
You will have:
- Extensive experience (over 10 years) in project coordination ideally within both the private and public service areas
- Proven experience in assisting a range of projects, ideally having managed some projects yourself including those with a physical construction component
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and ability to logically work through identified issues
- Experience with project management methodologies, a demonstrated use of PMI (Project Management Institute) or Prince2 methodologies preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Able to work with numbers and produce and interpret relevant data & statistics
- Good communications skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
This is a fixed term contract role for an initial period of two years, ideally based full-time in Kaikoura.
To apply, or for more information including the job description, please email:
Applications close April 23rd, 2021.
Customer Services Officer
Permanent Full-Time (Replacement)
Come work for a team that contributes to Kaikōura’s future and community, while getting paid for it!
We are looking for a full-time customer services superstar to join our busy reception team atKaikōura District Council. This role would be suitable for an entry-level administrator.
As the customer service officer, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our community
- Provide residents with effective and friendly reception service
- Respond to internal and external enquiries via email, phone and face-to-face
- Perform general customer service administration tasks
- Be an active member of the civil defence emergency management team
- Assist in scanning Council’s property files and any other records required to enable a smooth transition to Laserfiche (Kaikōura’s District Council’s record management system).
We are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable, hardworking, resilient, practical, levelheaded and calm, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent communication skills
- A warm, approachable manner
- Understanding of MS office software (training will be available)
Understanding of database management systems (training will be available) If you think you are the right person, we’d love to hear from you.
A full job description can be found here.
Applications should be emailed to HR@kaikoura.govt.nz or posted to PO Box 6, Kaikōura. 7340.
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2021