News and Media
Council issues regular hardcopy and email newsletters and media releases as well as maintaining a Facebook page. This page includes links to sign up for releases and newsletters and holds past editions.
Monthly hardcopy and email newsletters to keep the Kaikōura community informed with Council information, rebuild updates, community information and local events.
We're happy to share news and information from anyone within our district.
- keep it short – a max of 150 words if possible
- include a photo/image
- include links to more information if you have them – i.e. link it back to your own websites or social media accounts where possible.
By sending in content, you agree that:
- Content may be featured on KDC social media/media accounts (as well as newsletters)
- You give permission for us to use all images sent in
- KDC can edit your content to fit design guidelines (especially for hardcopy due to space)
- Commercial advertising will not be included however promotion of community, charity or not-for-profit activities or groups in encouraged
- April 2020 - Printed newsletter
- March 2020 - Printed newsletter
- January 2020 - Email newsletter
- January 2020 - Printed newsletter
- December 2019 - Email newsletter: Rebuild wins, rubbish reviews, reports and responsible camping research.
- November 2019 - Email newsletter: Freedom camping bylaw approved, waste minimisation and recycling survey insights.
- October 2019 - Email newsletter: Council sworn in, earthquake anniversary to be celebrated and His Royal Highness Prince Charles visits Kaikōura
- September 2019 - Email newsletter: Last chance to vote, swimming pool takes a big step forward, changes on the way for rubbish & recycling and much much more.
- August 2019 - Email newsletter: Draft responsible freedom camping bylaw, tackling waste and Council rebuild.
- July 2019 - Email newsletter: Read the Pre-Election Report, celebrate 25-years of the "Schoolyard Market" and learn about available community grants.
- June 2019 - Email newsletter: Annual plan adopted, speed limit review and Community Charitable Trust formed to lead the pool project
- May 2019 - Email newsletter: Repair and rebuild progress, responsible dog ownership and a polar plunge
- April 2019 - Email newsletter: Consultation opens, construction starts and camping winds down
- March 2019 - Email newsletter: March news
- February 2019 - Email newsletter: Rubbish, water, roadworks and ANZAC plans
- January 2019 - Email newsletter: Progress towards a pool
Media releases are sent to key media and community contacts. This information is an official release from the Council and may be reproduced by media and journalists.
- 17 December Responsible camping bylaw takes effect
- 17 December Research into responsible camping gets underway
- 28 November: Work to push ahead on options for KDC future sustainability
- 15 November: Online maps help property owners understand risks around natural hazards in Kaikōura
- 8 October: Community invited to discuss new science on natural hazards in Kaikōura
- 30 August: Freedom camping bylaw out for consultation
- 30 August: Schools set to get safer speeds as lower speeds are rolled out across Kaikōura
- 26 August: Community buildings to reopen "better than ever"
- 26 August: Council set to tackle waste with an eye to community, sustainability and environment
- 23 August: Council to consider Financial and Corporate Sustainability Review
- 21 June: Kiwa Road/Meatworks Masterplan Consultation
- 21 June: Speed Limit Consultation
- 11 December: Natural hazard responses help property owners move forward
- 09 November: Council Receives Lotteries Funding to Repair and Upgrade Memorial Hall
- 31 October: District Library now helping families set up low coast internet with Spark Jump
- 09 October: Council Gets Ready for Shake Out
- 09 October: Library now available anytime, anywhere
- 14 September: New information shows reduced risk from natural hazards
- 14 September: Council welcomes funding to help investigate solutions for freedom camping trouble spot.
- 24 August: Council and NZ Transport Agency: Kaikoura Communications recognised at national awards
- Image: Kaikōura District Council Communications and Engagement Manager, Libby Clifford accepting the award for excellence in recovery communications.
- 3 July: Responsible Camping Working Group to be formed
- 2 July Council & Kaikōura Sport and Recreation Recovery Leadership Team: Survey dives into what Kaikōura community wants in a new pool
- 17 May: Council welcomes budget 2018 funding announcement
- 18 April: Partnership, innovation and excellence recognised as Kaikōura District Council wins big at the SOLGM Awards 2018
- 20 March: Kaikōura District Council supports planned NZTA Kaikōura deviation
- 16 March: Kaikōura District Council Discounted Consents for Solid and Liquid Fuel Heaters
To request releases from 2017 please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org