- Annual Plan
- Long-term Plan
- Annual Report
- Health & Safety Approved Contractors Information
- District Plan
- GNS Science Consultancy Report 2014/210 - March 15
The Annual Plan is the financial plan for the Kaikoura District Council for the financial year from 1 July to 30 June. It determines how much Council can spend in order to provide services to our community, such as roads, water, sewerage, rubbish, etc. It also determines how much we will borrow, and how much your rates will be.
2017 - 2018 Annual Plan
- Annual Plan 2016/17 - Please note - Building Control Fees in this version are incorrect. Please contact the Council 03 319 5026 for the correct fee.
- Annual Plan 2014/15
- Annual Plan 2013/14
- Annual Plan 2011/12
Council adopted the Kaikoura 2025 Long Term Plan on 29 June 2015.
Kaikoura 2025 is presented in two parts. Volume One is a summary document, with the detailed financial information in Volume Two.
If you would like to be on our mailing list to receive a copy of future Long Term Plans, Annual Plans or Annual Reports please contact the Council office
At the end of each financial year we produce an Annual Report. This sets out how we performed for the year compared to what we said we would do. It lets you know what we delivered and whether we met our budgets and performance targets.
- Annual Report 2012/13 (16.3MB)
- Summary Annual Report 2012/13
- Annual Report 2013/14 (17.6MB)
- Summary Annual Report 2013/2014
- Annual Report 2014/2015 (16MB)
Summary Annual Report 2014/2015
- Annual Report 2015/2016
- Summary Annual Report 2015/2016
If you require any further information about Council Bylaws please contact us.
- Control of Alcohol in Public Places Bylaw 2015
- Control of Dogs Bylaws 2015
- Signs Bylaw 2011
- Speed Limits Bylaw 2008
- Stock Control Bylaw 2011
- Wastewater Drainage Bylaw 2008
- Water Supply Bylaw 2008
Downloadable PDF application documents:
- Dog Control Policy
- Earthquake Prone, Dangerous & Unsanitary Buildings Policy
- Class 4 Gambling Venue Policy
- Smokefree Outdoor/Public Places Policy
- Walking & Cycling Strategy
- TAB Board Venue Policy
The following policies are included in the Long Term Plan:
- Environmental & Socal Sustainability Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunities Policy
- Investment Policy
- Liability Management Policy
- Public / Private Partnership Policy
- Rates Postponement Policy
- Rates Remission Policy
- Revenue & Financing Policy
- Significance Policy
The Kaikoura District Plan is fully operative, and was officially launched on Monday 23 June 2008.
Copies are available in hard copy, on CD, or below.
Table of Contents
District-Wide Issues, Objectives, Policies and Rules
5. Tangata Whanua Values
6. Recreation and Open Space
7. Development and Tourism
8. Natural Hazards
9. Hazardous Substances
11. Landscape and Amenity
14. Financial Contributions
15. Historic Heritage, Tree Protection, Archaeological Sites
16. Outdoor Advertising
17. Relocated & Temporary Buildings and Temporary Activities