Residents Satisfaction Survey 2022
Earlier this year an independent research company conducted the annual community survey to find out how we are doing.
The results show satisfaction has continued to increase over the last three years.
The survey measures Kaikōura satisfaction levels with Council service delivery, Council facilities and community wellbeing.
We have highlighted some areas of interest below, but you can download the full survey results here.
*NZB is a New Zealand wide benchmark
Some other highlights
- Many services achieved high scores, including customer services (82%) and communication (81%)
- Community members expressed mixed feelings about current life in Kaikōura
- Satisfaction for Council facilities was 74%
- Satisfaction for Council services was 62%
By the way - the new Kaikōura Aquatic Centre question also received very favourable feedback, well done all. A good use of the ratepayer funding!
Some things to improve on
- Amongst the lowest scoring areas were roads (51%) and footpaths (44%).
- No surprise - so in our LTP we budgeted an extra $5m for the roading backlog and $100,000 extra for footpaths (kicking in 2022-23).
- We've already spent $1.5m extra on roads this year.