Draft Responsible Freedom Camping Bylaw online submission
Council is consulting on a draft Responsible Freedom Camping Bylaw. Submissions close on 11 October.
The bylaw will be the key tool used by Council and the community to deal with cultural, environmental and health and safety concerns caused by freedom camping. As long as no legal challenges arise, the proposed bylaw should be in force by the end of 2019.
Before making a submission, it may help to read about the proposed bylaw.
This form is split into 6 sections.
- Section 1 – proposed general restrictions
- Section 2 – proposed enforcement approach
- Section 3 – proposed prohibited areas (where no freedom camping is allowed)
- Section 4 – proposed restricted areas (where self-contained vehicles are permitted for a maximum of one night in a four week period)
- Section 5 – proposed ability to waive freedom camping restrictions
- Section 6 - other feedback, comments or suggestions