Building Consents, LIM Application Form & Information
A LIM provides information such as existing Building and Resource Consents, District Plan zoning status, presence of flood zones or other hazards and other information that you will find useful when looking at purchasing a property.
- A LIM takes up to 10 working days from receipt of payment and costs $180.00 incl. GST
- An urgent LIM can be processed within 2 working days at a fee of $280.00 incl. GST.
Important: LIMs disclose all relevant information known to the Kaikoura District Council about a property - and therefore do not contain information that is not known by this Council, such as any resource consents issues by Environment Canterbury. If you are considering purchasing a property you may also wish to apply for a LIR (Land Information Report) from Environment Canterbury.
When you wish to apply for a building consent in Kaikoura, our customer services staff can give you helpful advice to get you started. Use our application checklists to make sure you are supplying us with all of the information we need, this will help make your application proceed smoothly. If you are building a new house please fill in the Application for Service Connection Approval Form located below the Building Consent Application - Residential.
- PIM - Building Consent Application - Residential
- Application for Service Connection Approval (Water/Sewer/Stormwater)
- Final Inspection Checklist - Residential
- PIM - Building Consent Application - Commercial
- Final Inspection Checklist - Commercial
- PIM - Building Consent Application - Temporary Building
- PIM - Building Consent Application - Heating Appliance
- Final Inspection Checklist - Heating
- Owner Authorisation of Agent
- Application for Property Reports to be put on Property File
- Application for Exemption of Building Work
- Application for Amended building Consent
- Application for Certificate for Public Use
- Compliance Schedule Application - Checklist
- Notice of Owner-builder
- Owner-builder statutory declaration
- Building Consent Process
- Building Inspections
- Smoke Alarms
- Compliance Schedules
- Building Warrant of Fitness
- Producer Statements
- Swimming Pool Fencing
- Do I Need a Building Consent - Exempt Building Work
- Multi Use Approvals
- A Beginners Guide to Building and Resource Consents (DBH)