Building Information and Consents
Kaikōura District Council is the Building Consent Authority for our district, providing building consent for work that needs approval and inspection under the Building Act.
The links below have information that you may find useful throughout the building process:
All the information you need to get started on your building project.
Information on how long the Council has to process a consent and what aspects need to be taken into account before approving it.
Information on code compliance certificates, why you need them, how to apply, time frames and compliance with your CCC.
Application forms for building consents and information on deposits and fees.
Information on how Council inspects consent conditions and whether they have been followed.
Information on the management of earthquake prone buildings and making changes to an EQ prone building.
Read about the work on Natural hazards and land damage here.
Helpful information about building from a variety of sources:
- Kaikoura District Councils building and regulatory team
- Licensed Building Practitioners
- Building Guide
- Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
- Independent Qualified Person Register
- New Zealand Building Act 2004
- New Zealand Building Code Compliance
- Accessible Facilities Checklist
- the Ministry of Business Innovation and Deployment's Building CodeHub search tool - find out what you'll need from designing to construction for buildings that are compliant with the building code.
- Guidance for designers and building applicants considering building code elements when putting together a residential building consent application
- A calculator to help work out how many toilet pans, basins and urinals to include in buildings
- Read about altering existing buildings here.
- Read the Building Consent Authority (BCA) complaints policy including how to lodge a complaint about the Building Control Authority.
4 July 2018