Existing Use Rights

If you want to replace a building that was damaged or destroyed in the earthquake, or restart an activity that stopped due to the earthquake you might be able to rely on existing use rights.

On this page:

Useful links:

  • Examples of where Existing Use Rights might be useful

  • Talk to a Council Planner. You can Phone 03 319 5026 and select option 5 for planning; or call in at the Council offices (96 West End). No appointment is necessary, but you may prefer to book ahead to ensure a Planner is available.

3 August 2018