Resource Consents and Land Information Memorandum (LIM)

Land Information Memorandum (LIM) 

If you are planning to buy, sell, or develop a property, you can request a LIM to find out what relevant data Kaikōura District Council holds for that property.

Download a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) form here


Download a Property File Request form here


Resource Consents

You need a resource consent if you plan to build or use land in a way that does not comply with the Kaikōura District Plan.

Click the links below to find out more about the various consents.

For more information or to submit a Resource Consent applications please email 

This video by Hutt City Council explains what a resource consent is, the resource consent process and whether you might need one.

Do I need a resource consent?

I need a resource consent, how do I get one?

Notified consents

The decision on whether an application is non-notified, limited notified or publicly notified is made by the Council, based on the rules in the district plan and criteria set out in the Resource Management Act 1991. These include whether adverse effects will be minor and whether all affected parties have given their written approval to the application.

Current notified consents

Application forms