Mayors Taskforce for Jobs
What is the Mayors Taskforce for Jobs?
The Mayors Taskforce for Jobs (MTFJ) is a nationwide network of New Zealand’s Mayors, working together towards the vision of all young people 16-25 yr old being in employment, education, training, or other positive activity in their communities.
It achieves this through the following:
- Integrating education, training, employment, economic and community development
- Maximising opportunities for our youth that are future-focused and aligned with economic development
- Building knowledge, skills and relationships with ongoing benefits to youth, employers, communities and the New Zealand economy
The MTFJ is governed by a core group which includes 17 Mayors from throughout the country including Kaikōura District Council’s Mayor Craig Mackle. Find out more here.
In Kaikōura the MTFJ programme is delivered in collaboration with Te Hā o Mātauranga.
What do the MTFJ do in Kaikōura?
- Funding assistance directly for small to medium sized businesses: Funding can be provided to support recruitment, training, and wage subsidies for at risk youth. It also supports initiatives that will enable employment i.e. providing financial support for transport costs
- Finding employment opportunities: Helping young people find employment (aged 16 -25) and those whose employment has been affected by COVID-19 from our community
- Finding training opportunities to upskill our local workforce: Last year this included the Rebel Business School, LCQ Duty Manager Courses, barista courses, first Aid courses, driving courses and much more (see the pie graph below). Outward Bound has also partnered with MTFJ to provide Outward Bound scholarships valued at $3,600 for selected New Zealand youth connected to MTFJ. Click here for more information.
How to engage with this service
Local MTFJ Coordinator
Aysia McMillan 027 3722248, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into 14 Ludstone Road and talk to one of the friendly team at Te Hā o Mātauranga, Learning in Kaikōura.
Sean is connecting businesses and those seeking work in Kaikōura and assisting with their training needs.
Click these links for more information on funding for an Apprenticeship Boost, Mana in Mahi, and Flexi-wage for businesses.
For more information on MTFJ please contact LGNZ Senior Communications Advisor Daniel Webster on 022 524 1217 or email email@example.com.
Renee Wood 027 201 7638
Renee is supporting locals to successfully gain their driving licence. This includes providing driving courses, helping with applicants paperwork for licence, booking licences and driver mentoring sessions.